About Dunedin eBike Hire Ltd
Dunedin eBike Hire Ltd is a locally owned and operated bike hire business that provides great flexibility open 7 days a week from 7am to 8pm. We offer electric and non-electric bikes, including kids bikes for younger riders. All bookings must be made online including visibility on availability.
Our fancy self-kiosk is conveniently located at the midpoint of the Harbour Loop at 10 Harrow St. It is just a few minutes ride from the heart of the CBD and a few hundred meters from the historic Railway station, ToTui Museum, and Chinese Gardens.
We cater to all types and ages, including locals, corporate business bookings, teams, tourists, and cruise ship passengers. Rest assured we are QualMark (Silver) certified.
Dunedin has an extensive cycle network, with the most well-known and unique being the cycleways around the beautiful Otago Peninsula. The Harbour Loop is the most popular ride option, taking you around a newly built dedicated cycle track that offers stunning harbour views. Other great options would be to explore St Clair beaches and café on the coast side of the city or visit Botanic Gardens on the north side of the city.
The Harbour Loop & Peninsular Cycleway ride (most popular choice, easy flat ride!) offers many great hot spots to stop for food and coffee along the way. In this order, we highly recommend visiting Glenfalloch Garden and then stop The Duck Cafe at Macandrew Bay and also Portobello Pub. For those who want to venture all way to the end of the Otago Peninsular visit the world-famous birds at Albatross Centre or take a detour to Historic Larnach Castle. Please be aware these last two places are best suited for experienced riders who are comfortable on narrow roads with traffic. Download the PDF brochure to see all other activities. Book your Ferry crossing with Port To Port!
Here are some common questions:
- For parking options close to our business can be found DCC website.
- For the public bus timetable from Port Chalmers to city
- All hires include safety helmets & padlocks for each bike!
- Please note that riders generally need to be at least 150cm (4'11") tall. You must be 16 years of age or older, and there is a strict limit of one person per bike.
- Our electric bikes are well-known trusted brands such as Giant and Merida, which are all step-through, making them easy-to-use for riders of all types and sizes. Our non-electric bikes are from the Norco brand.
- The bike's battery will last the full Harbour Loop if set to the lower power modes. However, if you set the bike to the maximum power mode, the battery will drain much faster. The range is approximately 60-70km, but other factors such as wind, rider weight, hills, and how much you assist with pedaling can affect the battery life.
- It takes about 1 hour to ride to Portobello or the Ferry crossing point. 2-4 hours if you want to explore and take your time or complete the loop. Full day if visiting more locations mentioned above.
Full Terms & Conditions (Click here)
Cancellation reminders: A refund is only available if you inform us 24 hours prior to booked date.
10 Harrow Street
Dunedin Otago 9016
7am to 8pm
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions: https://qrcgcustomers.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/account22998145/33361163_1.pdf?0.5685760224318159